Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Change Happens When...

People change when they
hurt enough that they have to,
learn enough that they want to,
or receive enough that they are able to.

-John Maxwell

I saw this quote on this blog by Barry Pearman and it resonated with the changes that I am trying to make in my life right now. 

When I was talking to my mentor and coach I told her that I didn't want to be in the same place a year from now. That I didn't want my depression cycles lasting two and a half months and for there to be one good week and then for another depression cycle to start.

I am at a point in my life where I am learning enough that I want to change and I am making room enough to be able to receive the help I need to be able to. It is definitely a lot of work but I am happiest when I follow and do the things my mentor has challenged me to do.

No comments: