Sunday, August 12, 2012

Standing in Holy Places

"We must be vigilant in a world which has moved so far from that which is spiritual. It is essential that we reject anything that does not conform to our standards, refusing in the process to surrender that which we desire most: eternal life in the kingdom of God. The storms will still beat at our doors from time to time, for they are an inescapable part of our existence in mortality. We, however, will be far better equipped to deal with them, to learn from them, and to overcome them if we have the gospel at our core and the love of the Savior in our hearts."

When I stand in holy places
and am careful of the things I
watch, listen to and participate in,
it's easier for me to feel the Holy Ghost
and I am better able
to weather the "storm" of
depression in my life.
The temple is the only place
where I don't feel depressed
and that's why I go
there so often.
Temples are definitely
holy places.

No comments: