Monday, February 11, 2013

Before reading my previous post I had typed most of this one. Standing in Holy Places in definitely something I need.

"Discipleship is the pursuit of holiness and happiness. It is the path to our best and happiest self."
When I am depressed                                                                                                                                    & need help pulling myself out of the                                                                                                           slump I get into,
I try to surround myself                                                                                                                   with things that are                                                                                                                                    
holy.
Some things that I do or have done in the past are:
~Go to the temple                                                                                                                                         (I'm always on a spiritual high after I go).
~Listen to the scriptures                                                                                                                               (It's easier to listen when I'm depressed,                                                                                         because I'm usually distracted & I have a hard time concentrating).                                                        The Bible    The Book of Mormon   Doctrine & Covenants    Pearl of Great Price
~Listen to the Mormon Channel                                                                                                            (I love this! It's a clean & uplifting alternative to TV or movies).                                                   Here's the link: Mormon Channel
~Play uplifting music                                                                                                                             (Music is such a healing balm to our spirits).
~SERVE~                                                              
(My stake president (ecclesiastical leader) 
promised me 
relief from depression 
as I seek to serve 
those in my church 
& others around me).

~~~HOME~~~
( Doing the above "steps" 
towards
holiness 
invites the Holy Ghost into my home...thereby my own home becomes a 

No comments: