Saturday, August 4, 2012

Rolling up my Sleeves and Getting to Work

"The Lord’s way is not to sit at the side of the stream and wait for the water to pass before we cross. It is to come together, roll up our sleeves, go to work, and build a bridge or a boat to cross the waters of our challenges."

For the past 8 years
or so I felt like I was
just waiting for this trial to pass.
I was wandering in the wilderness
as it reads in  1 Nephi 17:4,
"And we did sojourn for the space of many years, yea, even eight years in the wilderness."
Lehi's family was "sojourning" but
I definitely just wandered.
I didn't feel like I was making progress or
moving forward in my life.
I sort of just let my depression take over,
wandered about in the "wilderness"
and waited "for the water to pass."

The last year and half
I've been fighting back
and trying to take control
over my own destiny.
I usually can't control whether or not
depressing thoughts come into my mind
but I can control how long I let them stay.

No comments: