Friday, August 3, 2012

Staying on the Path

A few weeks ago
I felt like I had reached my limit.
I was sooooo tired
of being depressed.
I told my husband,
"One of the hardest
things I face in
 dealing with depression
is that I feel
like I am doing everything right
and yet I'm not happy."

Today I watched a video
(about someone who also deals
with a mental illness)
that echoed what I had said earlier to my husband.
She said,
"It was just so hard for me to understand
why [having a mental illness] happened,
especially
when I was being so faithful
 and trying so hard to do what
 Heavenly Father
wanted me to do."

The challenge is
to keep doing what
I need to do
in order to return to my
Heavenly Father.
I know He is aware of me,
I know He knows how unhappy
I feel at times,
and I know He will send the
comfort and help
that I so desperately
need.


Below is a link to the video I watched.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=1146&sid=19704326&title=living-with-mental-illness-and-social-anxiety