Monday, September 30, 2013

Lessen the Amount of Chemicals you Expose Your Body to By...

"Making your Own Body Wash"

The recipe I followed was super fast, easy and affordable; cheaper than buying it from the store. I have a minor in chemistry and I am floored by some of the chemicals that are in products we use on a daily basis, those found in processed foods and also in health care products. Chemicals are easily absorbed into the skin and so that is why I decided to make my own body wash. I used the Bergamont Essential Oil to scent the body wash, it is an oil known for its calming properties and is one my youngest's favorite oils.

This is the link to the recipe on dōTERRA's blog. Items you purchase at a health food store are generally cheaper to buy through http://www.azurestandard.com/ which is a health food and product coop. I would buy unscented Castile soap and next time I am going to double the amount of drops of essential oil I add to the recipe.

No comments: