Saturday, June 29, 2013

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing

This Sunday at church I am going to be playing a piano and organ duet with my friend Karen. I remember I got goosebumps the first time I heard an organ and piano duet played by some missionaries. There is something powerful when those two instruments are combined. 

We're playing the song "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing." We joke that this is our ward's theme song since it's been played so many times by different people in our ward. But, I think it's been at least a year since the last time so we should be okay. (:

I think the reason it's so popular is that it describes our struggle to do what's right and our desires to be better. But we realize that because of the natural man in us we are prone to wander from the God we love. We want to be with our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ in their heavenly courts and be worthy to live in their presence.


"Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above"

The only thing we can offer HIM is our hearts, to give up our will and follow HIS will for us.

(The Mormon Tabernacle Choir
singing this song).

No comments: