Monday, April 2, 2012

Limitations and Accepting Them

I have had a bunch of
things on my
To DO List
for the past month.
My husband's parents
and siblings,
and my parents 
and my friends,
have been a huge blessing
as they have helped with various things.

My mother-in-law
called me the other day
and asked if I needed help
with the remaining things
on my To Do List.
She had already spent quite a few days
helping me and it was sweet of her to offer to help again.
I told her,

"Actually, I'm done. Even though there are a few things on the list,
I decided that I need to take care of myself
 and so I might do one or two more things
that are necessary
but other than that
I'm not doing anymore."

It felt so good to say that!!
Just to realize that
I can't continue to push
myself at the pace
I was keeping up
over the past couple of weeks
or I would probably trigger a depressive cycle.
I realize that I get stressed out easily
so anything that I can do
to not put unnecessary burdens
or responsibilities on myself is

KEY

to being emotionally,
                                      mentally,
                                                         spiritually,
                                                                            & physically

healthy.