Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Homemade Deodorant with doTERRA Essential Oils

doTERRA has a recipe for a deodorant just using essential oils that you mix and put in a skinny glass roll-on tube that you can purchase online. I used a recipe from a different company that included ingredients like baking soda and beeswax & I also added some of my oils from doTERRA. I chose to use PurifyOnguard, & Bergamont. I love the smell! And the deodorant works great. You can find the recipe I used here

Bacteria is what causes your armpits to smell and the doTERRA essential oils called Purify & Onguard kill the odor causing bacteria. I read that the beeswax acts as an antiperspirant.

When making this recipe, I recommend melting the beeswax first then adding and melting the coconut oil before you add the remaining ingredients. The beeswax took a long time to melt on low heat, but would melt faster if that was the only thing in your pot. 

Have fun making this recipe! I found the beeswax pastilles melt faster, are easier to measure and it is cheaper to buy them through Amazon. 


I was surprised how much it made.
I saved two of my old empty
deodorant/antiperspirant bottles
and still had a 1/2 cup left over.
This deodorant WORKS GREAT and I LOVE it!!

No comments: