Wednesday, October 30, 2013

We All Need Rescuing

We all need rescuing in some form or another. 

Today I was in my kid's school office and I couldn't but overhear this very distraught woman talk about some of the struggles her and her family are going through. She was very emotional and upset. I asked for her name and hope to get the ball rolling to put something together to help out this family. This is what life is all about, finding opportunities to help others and I know Heavenly Father places people in our path who need our help. I'm just glad that I recognized a need and was prompted with an idea on how to help her and get the school involved and that I was NOT too wrapped up in myself and my own problems or things to do. Sometimes it's easy for me to get caught up in my own trials and hurt. But today was different. I hope to be able to help her.

I read an incredible story posted on Facebook. There is also a little video (no sound) that you can watch hereWow. It made me a little emotional to read. Some people passed right by the woman who was about to jump, but this bus driver stopped immediately, look where he's parked in relation to the woman. He was paying attention to what was in front of him. Let's open our eyes and look for opportunities to help rescue others, everyone needs a pick me up and to know that someone cares. 



No comments: