Sunday, February 12, 2012

Step 4 TRUTH

Step 4 TRUTH
KEY PRINCIPLE: Make a searching and fearless
written moral inventory of yourself.

Oh, NO...

I pray that as I start this inventory that I will be able to see things clearly
and not trigger a cycle of depression.
One symptom of depression is excessive self-criticism.
And I tend to do that waaaaayy too much.

My in-laws suggested that I just write down a few things.
I can do that.
So I have written down three things and when
I take care of those
I'll write down some more.
I can handle accomplishing this step
a little at a time.

I'm reminded of the scripture found in The Book of Mormon (you can get your FREE copy here http://mormon.org/free-book-of-mormon/ )

2 Nephi 4:17, 18, 19, 20

"...My heart exclaimeth: O bwretched man that I am! Yea, my heart csorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.   I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily abeset me. And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins...."

Even Nephi, a prophet of God, felt "grieved" because of his iniquities.

BUT,

Rather than 

REMAIN
discouraged,

Nephi says, "...nevertheless, I know in whom I have atrusted.

My God hath been my asupport...."


God helped Nephi through all of his trials and afflictions.
As a faithful, obedient son of God, he was never left alone.